Queen Anne's County, Maryland
Department of Budget, Finance & Information Technology
2021 Tax Lien Sale
(for Tax Year 2020 and prior)
BY VIRTUE OF THE AUTHORITY VESTED IN ME AS COLLECTOR OF TAXES FOR Queen Anne's County, I WILL PROCEED TO SELL THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBED PROPERTIES AT THE 2021 Queen Anne's County TAX SALE ONLINE AT https://queenannes.marylandtaxsale.com/ BEGINNING Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 AT 8:00 AM ET AND ENDING Thursday, June 3rd, 2021 AT 3:00 PM ET, UNTIL ALL PROPERTY IN SAID Queen Anne's County, UPON WHICH TAXES, UTILITY CHARGES, SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS AND ASSOCIATED FEES ARE DUE AND UNPAID, FOR THE TAX YEARS 2020-2021 AND PRIOR, IS SOLD.
Online Registration is required to bid at said Tax Sale. Online Registration will begin at 9:00 AM ET on Tuesday, April 27th, 2021 and end at 4:00 PM ET on Tuesday, May 11th, 2021. There will be a $100.00 non-refundable registration fee payable immediately online via ACH Debit authorization at the time of registration.
On all such property shall be interest due, pursuant to law, advertising fees in each case $100.00 per property and attorney's fee of $15.00 per property, other costs and expenses and fees after the sale, all to be paid by the delinquents or to be collected out of the proceeds of said property in case of proceedings for ratification, redemptions, etc., as the case may be.
The Queen Anne's County Tax Sale will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Annotated Code of Maryland, Tax-Property Article, Section 14-817 “Sale at Public Auction”. The Collector will establish a high bid premium to be applied to all properties to be sold at the Tax Sale as defined under Section 14-817.
|High Bid Premium:|
|40% Cash value ($100,000 x .40)||$ 40,000.00|
|Less 40% Cash Value:||$ 40,000.00|
|20% Premium ($10,000 X .20):||$ 2,000.00|
|Total Payment:||$ 3,000.00|
Bidders are on notice that the possibility exists that a certificate purchased at the Tax Sale may, upon subsequent inquiry, be determined to be invalid. In the event that a Certificate of Sale is subsequently invalidated, the purchaser will receive a refund of the amount paid at Tax Sale, but will receive NO redemption interest, or reimbursement of attorney fees, title search or other cost. In the event of a valid redemption, the purchaser will be refunded sums pursuant to the Certificate of Sale.
The following property in case of failure of payment of all sums due thereon (taxes, fees, interest and costs), before the said day of sale, will be sold by the Collector as authorized by TITLE 14 TAX PROPERTY ARTICLE SUBTITLE 8, to the highest bidder for Cash on the day of sale.
Todd R Mohn, Tax Collector
Queen Anne's County, Maryland
ALL TAX SALE BIDDERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS OF SALE:
Section 14-817 of the Tax Property Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland provides that the “conduct of the tax sale shall be according to terms set by the collector”. The purpose of this document is to detail those terms and the buyer’s agreement to abide by them.
1. Queen Anne's County requires that all purchasers remit, not later than the day after the tax sale, the full amount of all taxes and other outstanding charges due on the property, whether in arrears or not, together with interest and penalties on the outstanding amounts, expenses incurred in the making of sale and High Bid Premium if applicable.
In addition, Section 14-817 provides that "the residue of the purchase price remains on credit." The credit remains until redemption, foreclosure, or two years, whichever event occurs first. The difference between the amount bid and the amount paid at the time of sale must be paid at closing. High Bid Premium portion of the amount paid will be refunded without interest when the property is redeemed or Foreclosure the Right of Redemption is completed.
2. All corporate bidders shall be registered in their full corporate names and must be qualified to conduct business as a domestic or foreign corporation in the State of Maryland. Corporate bidders must provide names and addresses of their resident agents and street addresses for their principal place of business. Agents of corporate bidders must identify themselves by full name and address and provide evidence of their authorization to bind the principal, if requested, by the County. Any sale made to a bidder who is later found not qualified to conduct business in the State of Maryland will be voided. Monies paid by such bidders will be refunded less a twenty five percent service charge.
3. In order to bid, all bidders must register with the third-party online auction services provider at https://queenannes.marylandtaxsale.com/, and have a bidder identification number assigned to them. There will be a $100 nonrefundable registration fee payable immediately online via ACH Debit authorization at the time of registration.
4. Only one bidder identification number will be assigned per legal entity.
5. Only one bidder identification number will be assigned per individual.
6. All bids must be expressed in United States Dollars as an amount
7. High Bid Premium will be calculated as twenty percent (20%) of the amount the high bid exceeds the High Bid Threshold (HBT). This amount will be refunded without interest on (1) redemption by the property holder or (2) when the right of redemption is foreclosed by the Court. The HBT is calculated as forty percent (40%) of full cash value (assessed value) for all properties.
8. Bidding will begin at an amount set by the County Tax Collector; bid prices will be no less than the amount due for taxes and other charges stated.
9. The Finance Office will, after redemption, provide tax sale buyers with IRS form 1099 and will report any earnings to the proper taxing authorities
10. The Finance Office will be informing all property owners and any other parties having an interest in the property of your bid price, and such other information as may be necessary to comply with Tax Property Article Section 14-817.1.
11. From year to year there are substantial changes in the law governing tax sales and foreclosure proceedings. You and/or your attorney are responsible for complying with the law. The buyer is required to report all foreclosure filings to the Finance Office immediately.
12. Upon notice of the owner’s intent to redeem the property, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to advise the Queen Anne’s County Department of Budget & Finance (410-758-0414, firstname.lastname@example.org ) of all expenses incurred and paid in any action or in preparation of any action to foreclose the right of redemption. Failure to provide the necessary information and documentation within ten days of request shall constitute a waiver of a claim to any expenses. A receipted bill or a bill with a copy of the cancelled check in the exact amount of the bill, and copies of any work product for which reimbursement is claimed will be required. Queen Anne's County will not be held accountable for collecting expenses unless we have received the required documentation.
13. Notice regarding voided sales: Whenever a Tax Sale on a property is voided, for any reason other than stated above, purchasers will be notified and advised not to pursue any further foreclosure action or to incur additional expenses. Reimbursement will be limited to the amount of taxes paid at the sale.
14. In order to record a deed to the property from the Finance Office, all governmental charges and billings including water and sewer charges and special benefit charges made subsequent to the tax sale must be brought current as of the date of the deed.
The bid price will be applied to outstanding amounts. Any deficiency will be the responsibility of the buyer.
15. All redemptions must be processed and all sums paid through the Finance Office, including attorney's fees and other expenses of the buyer. No monies are to be solicited or accepted by the buyer, his agents, or attorney except through the Finance Office. Any attempt to collect taxes or fees directly from the property owner will result in the buyer and or their representative being permanently barred from participation in the Queen Anne's County tax sale or from representing buyers at the sale. Additionally, no reimbursement will be made for any expenses or fees associated with that sale.
16. The rate of interest paid on delinquent taxes and fees, advertising and miscellaneous costs paid the day of the Tax Sale will be 1% per month or 12% per year.
17. Certificates of sale may be sold between willing buyers and sellers with the exception that no certificate may be sold to the deeded owner of the property in question.
18. The County makes no warranty, express or implied, that any property has marketable title, that it contains the area of land described in the notice of sale, that any property does not contain faults that would be fatal to tax sale foreclosure, or that the true market value of the property bears any relationship to the assessment stated in the notice of sale. The purchaser agrees to assume all risks in regard to these matters.
19. EACH BIDDER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE/IT IS AUTHORIZED TO BID AND READY, WILLING AND FINANCIALLY ABLE TO CONSUMMATE EACH SALE AT THE PRICE(S) BID. BIDDERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS REPRESENTATION IS MATERIAL TO THE COUNTY'S WILLINGNESS TO ISSUE THEM A BIDDER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER AND TO ACCEPT BIDS DURING THE SALE.
|Allow foreign bidder registrations||No|
|Single simultaneous bidder rule||No|
|Bidding style||Direct Bid Auction|
|Live Bidding or Sealed Bidding||Open Live Bidding|
|Maximum High Bid||No|
|Automatic certificate rollup / rollup fee||---||---|
|Auction Dates and Times|
|Registration begins (site opens)**||04/27/2021 at 9:00 AM ET|
|Registration fees and Budgets begin||04/27/2021 at 9:00 AM ET|
|Bidding begins||05/18/2021 at 8:00 AM ET|
|Registration fees end||05/11/2021 at 4:00 PM ET|
Set a budget
|Participation Requirements Due Date||05/11/2021 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Registrations end||05/11/2021 at 4:00 PM ET|
|First batch closes||05/18/2021 at 3:00 PM ET|
|Batch closing interval||60 Minutes|
|Last batch closes||06/03/2021 at 3:00 PM ET|
|Auxiliary batch opens||06/03/2021 at 8:00 AM ET|
|Auxiliary batch closes||06/03/2021 at 3:00 PM ET|
|Payment due date||06/04/2021 at 1:00 PM ET|
|Budget, Deposit and Payment Information|
|Deposit or Budget required (% of estimated winnings)||100%|
|Registration Fee Refundable||No|
|Registration Fee Applied to Winnings||No|
|Deposit / Payment types acceptable:||Deposits||Payments|
|ACH auto-debit final payment||---||No|
|Redemptions available via ACH?||No|
|Public computers available?||No|
|** Subject to change. The site will open when approved by the County.|
For an explanation of any of the terms above, please visit the FAQs.
Tooltip Help Management
Disable tooltips just for this page.
Disable tooltips site-wide.